Sunday, March 1, 2009

Baby's Eating Food!

Evangelyn entered a new stage of life last Saturday - real food. So far, she's had potatoes, carrots, apples, butternut squash and baby rice. She loves the butternut squash and baby rice. The apples were definitely not her favorite, which surprised me because apples are sweet. Maybe she didn't inherit the Bussjaeger sweet-tooth, or the Chong sweet-tooth. Maybe she takes after her Nanny who has never eaten many sweets and prefers the crunchy, salty chips! We'll have to wait a while for Evangelyn to try chips, of course. It's pretty funny watching her figuring out how to chew and swallow. She usually sucks her bottom lip while trying to get the food down. Somehow, it works. Today as I was feeding her, I gave her the bowl to play with because I was advised that eating time should be fun. I forgot that she likes to fling things from her hand until the bowl of bright orange butternut squash went flying across the room, splattered across the window and landed, splat!, on the carpet. Silly me. No worries, though. It's school housing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...